Thursday, December 18, 2008

This is for my 'Ma'.

"Dreams are not the ones that you see when you are asleep; rather they are the one that do not let you sleep until they are achieved" We all dream. Some of us dream when we are asleep, and some of us dream with our eyes open. But there are dreams which do not let us sleep, they keep us awake. They make us restless, at times makes us confused. At times this confusion can be very irritating. But then it helps us to make plans, plans which are so important for our existence. I also dared to dream, in fact so many of them. At every stage of my life there was a dream. I don’t know if it is good, but what ever I am today, it is all because I dared to dream. There were times when I used to think that maybe I am insane. From a Soccer Player, Fighter Pilot, Singer, Tabla Player and God knows what. It is true that dreams changes with the circumstances of ones life. But still one should dream and dream big. I remember a teacher from my Art College, who ones said, ‘khudi ko karo buland itna ki har taqdeer se pehle, Khuda bande se puche, bata tera razaa kya hai’. I am one of the lucky few because there is someone who believes in my dream. It really drives you and gives an impetus to accomplish your dream. I am so lucky because there are so many people who have faith in my dreams. But the person whose name comes first in my mind is my Mom. She has faith in my dreams. She always encourages me. At times I have doubt in what I dream and I am really scared, but, she believes in me so much that I can’t let her down. I have joined the Film Direction Course, I am so excited about it, but am feeling bit apprehensive about it. Don’t know what is going to happen, but she told me that everything will be fine. Now I have the strength and the belief.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime i read an article on your blog, I am speechless. I never knew you had such good ability to put down your thoughts in words. This particular article tells so much about who you are as a person. Someone who faced so many hurdles in life but kept on going and never stopped chasing his dreams. Mark my words, you are going to stand out in your direction class. I agree with Ma, things are going to be great.

Biswajit Das said...

Thanks a ton...

jen said...

this is inspiring... u know, my sister is also the kinds who dreams a lot.. but doest have faith in her dreams.. i think il send this one to her

i think it is very important to have someone in life who belives in ur dreams more than urself.. ur very lucky to have that person... thats what keeps people going..

Biswajit Das said...

Sure, send it to her. If my writing can inspire her, then I would feel great. But then you should keep on inspiring her. Thats what my Mom and my family does.

Unknown said...

dada u r amazing i didn't have any idea that u such gr8 writer. dada I read ur all article. all r very touchy. I'm missing my mom. All the Best Dada.